Behind the scenes of motherhood.

So many of my friends and family are becoming mothers again or for the first time!!! I'm so excited for all of you beautiful ladies! Motherhood is such a miracle and blessing from God. It's gonna be quite an adventure as I'm 8 years into it and have enjoyed every great and difficult moment that comes along with it.
I love seeing all the photos and posts about your motherhood adventures but what I most love is how some of you give truth in it all. It's not just about the fun and loving part of being a mother, some of you put posts of the difficult times and lack of sleep posts. It's so awesome how mothers aren't afraid to post the REAL behind the scenes of motherhood. Your lack of sleep and waking up all hours of the night to feed baby, your crying when baby cries because you have no idea what she/he wants after you've tried everything the "what to expect the first years" book tells you, your selfie pic of what you look like after trying to put baby/toddler down for a nap but somehow they never get sleepy, your unwashed clothes and hair because you've come to the realization that it's not gonna get done because you can't leave for a second without baby noticing, when other mothers told you to enjoy your leisure and alone time you didn't actually think they were serious and are finding yourself behind on everything because you never get that time anymore, the breast feeding/nursing updates and pumping/freezing milk at work... Oh the joys of motherhood. I appreciate all the true posts. 
We all mothers know that it's not all peaches and cream. We live in this world where everyone puts a front and pretends that having a baby is perfect. But it really isn't. It takes a lot of hard work. And believe it or not, not everyone is made for this thing that we call motherhood. Especially when someone mentions the above and realizes what motherhood truly is about. We think we know what we get ourselves into as women, but we don't really know until we are thrown in it and we have no choice but to make it work. Then there are those like me, who absolutely love it. Don't get me wrong, it comes with it's many down and it's definitely a crazy roller coaster ride but it's pretty ok with me. They think I'm crazy! Is it because I was the only child? Is it because I learned to be transparent and understood that someone else's needs comes before mine? Is it because I grew up before I was supposed to? I was only 18 at the time. Well, all of the above. I truly believe that it is instilled in every woman to be a great mother. But like many things in life nothing comes easy. It will be hard. It will be messy. It will icky, sticky and disgusting. It will most times be unbearable and overwhelming. But honey, it's not impossible. It's truly a gift from God. I give mad props to all you mothers and soon to be mothers!  
It brings me back to almost 9 years ago when I felt I was the only one with a kid before anyone else starting having babies. I would post this and people thought I was crazy. People thought I over exaggerated and people mostly hated my nursing photos. Well truth is, motherhood is as good as it gets. There is no way out once you're in but it's well worth it.
AND NOW... Living a life that reflects the values, energy, emotions, activities and habits that we hope our children will grow into as adults is the best way for them to learn what that looks and feels like. It's ok mommy's, we're doing just fine.

Comments

Popular Posts