Buh Bye Houston... See ya next year!

It's our third time this year we have flown on an airplane yet it's the first time ever for my cousin to feel the little pleasures of take off. She's 30 years old and because she's afraid of heights, she has never attempted to fly or do anything remotely close to it. To my surprise, she has conquered her fears and decided that this family vacation, she would tag along and just go for it! Sometimes, you just have to. You just have to let go of your fears and all your inhibitions and just go for it! And that she did. We took off to San Diego Cali to get the experience of New Years in another city/state. My dad instilled the traveler in me... Since I was a kid, traveling is all I knew. I made it to every state before my teen years and want my kids to experience the same. Before my dad's passing, we had it planned that after I graduated from grad school, we would spend New Years somewhere we have never been. Well, although we've been to Cali, what better way to spend it in Disney with the kids. It's no longer about me anymore. I don't feel the need to travel alone. Especially when I have the opportunity to take my kids along with me. So here we went. My mom, my cousin, my aunt, my kids, Jason and I! We traveled to San Diego, Cali and planned to road trip to LA. But first, our next destination was San Diego Zoo and to adventure the history of it all. 
Bye Houston, Cali is our home for 8 days.
Old Town San Diego.
www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com
Riding that airport shuttle to the hotel!
My momma and I

Comments

Popular Posts