"Mommy, will you stay with me 'til I fall asleep?"

 
lie w meThis is an every night question between the both of my children. Not one night goes by without them asking " Mommy, will you stay with me /til I fall asleep?" while in betwwen tucking them in. And not every night am I able to lay there with either one just to wait til they fall fast asleep. It can be difficult most times. Their bedtime is so much earlier than mine. I have so much more to do with in that hour or two before I lay my head down to sleep.
The times that I do take my time to stay with them, they soak every second of it up and -- so do I. It's amazing what happens when I take my time and replace it for theirs. Moments we will never forget. I keep in mind that one day -- they won't ask mommy to stay with them til they fall asleep anymore. And to tell you the honest truth, with all time pushed aside -- it breaks my heart! It crushes it into tiny pieces. I want them to forever ask me to stay with them. However, we all know that it's not the case. They will one day, eventually, as time flies by -- grow up and not want mommy sleeping next to them anymore. Maybe not? Maybe they will always be my little babies and want mommy no matter what.

Comments

Popular Posts