I've come to the point where I don't hide my imperfections...

I wake up every morning with a burning desire to be a better me. I feel I owe it to myself to grow and learn. No one is perfect. Everyone falls. Everyone gets back up and treads on. Learning who we are is a lifelong journey. I believe God didn't give us the potential to know everything because he wants us to grow in him. To trust in him. It’s what keeps us humble, hungry and constantly on the grind. I am in competition with no one. I teach my children the above every day so that they too can grow up and emulate the message for themselves and carry it on to their own children. To be perfect is not the goal. To be better than we were yesterday is.  
Society has created this specific image of what life is "supposed" to look like. So regardless of what society is telling you-- to be; rich with a successful job, nice house, nice car, lots of land, close family, loving in laws, and a great life overall... It's not true. You know this already. Strive for excellence yes, but only because you deserve it and because you have that burning desire. Not to compete with the Jones'. When you compete, you set yourself up for failure. You set yourself against being humble. You set a bad example.
 What I am saying is, we have to accept who we are as people and where we are in life. God has us here for a reason and whether you want to accept it or not, it's reality. 
This means that all the flaws and imperfections within ourselves and most importantly within our relationships are all for a purpose.
I strive to reach goals that I never dreamt I could reach even after having two children. Growing in myself and in God throughout this time is the only way because honestly without him, I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today.

So give thanks for where you are even if you don't believe you are quite where you want to be. Be thankful for what you have because believe it or not, most would love to be where you are at, in your shoes.

Here is a prayer I take with me everyday to help me be a better person within my imperfections, because lord knows, I am far from perfect. I am far from where I want to be, but today, I understand that where I am at is good enough and I'm thankful for that. This is how my children learn to be who they are today. It helps them grow and it helps them understand that although life isn't easy, we keep going, no matter what. I am that role model. I am that motivator and I am that teacher they need throughout their daily lives. I am their mommy and it's my job to be all of the above because they are the futures of this world and as their mother, I am their legacy.
 
Thank You Father for choosing me to use the gifts You’ve given me to impact the lives of others & to carry out my kingdom assignment. I refuse to allow others to define my worth and my behind the scenes relationships. I am fearfully and wonderfully made, created in Your image.

Comments

Popular Posts