Summer lovin... It's almost over.

It' the first day of August and there are 25 days left before the new school year begins.
Yes, ONLY 25 days.
Should I be happy or should I be jumping for joy?
Well, with my kids and there fun imagination, there's never a dull moment, so I am going to have to say this Mami is having a sad moment.
In my opinion, summer flew by WAAAAYYYYYY too fast!
I need one more summer before school starts just because I don't think the two months were good enough. Especially being in the situation I am in now, I am pretty sad.
This summer has been pretty fun and pretty hot!
Scorching hot! Houston does not play when it comes to heat.
And now that back to school promotions are here on television, radio and online, this means serious business here. Football season is also back and that means Fall is coming.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the fall weather, but summer just went by way too fast.
Did I already mention that? Yup, I did.
Haunted house are even hiring and Party City has stocked up on Halloween outfits.
Pumpkin Coffee at Starbucks has made its way into the store earlier this year too! I'm sure Dunkin Donuts will be right behind them!
My favorite... the fall television schedule has posted as well. Although I am patiently waiting for my two fav shows, The Walking Dead and Grey's Anatomy... I still wouldn't mind summer for a tad bit longer.
This summer has been wonderful and exhausting at the same time.
My eight year old M, has mastered riding a bike without training wheels and defining gravity with her flexibility and yoga skills. My little 5 year old E, has mastered the art of fishing and all the essentials needed that goes with it. Aside from late night cuddles and sleepovers in the living room, snow cones, popsicles and ninja fighting, swimming til the sun went down, waking up at noon and vacationing locally, our summer has been a pretty memorable one. Even though I wish my daddy was a part of the madness and eventful fun, I know he was watching us smiling at all the silliness and love shared throughout our first summer without him.

Comments

Popular Posts