New Year, New Goals!

It's finally here! A new year! A time for new years resolutions. A time to set new goals and to strive to make ourselves better than we were yesterday. What do you say mothers? Are you with me? Yes!


 
 I refused to let my dreams just be dreams!!! Graduation is here and now my new journey begins! This ones for you daddy!!
I did it for these two right here!
This was me in December 2014, for my graduate school graduation! It;s liberating knowing that I have made it this far. There was a light at the end of the tunnel! I have surpassed my goals and have made it reality! I could have let myself stay where I was. I could have allowed myself to give up because it was the easier thing to do. BUT, not me. I wanted it bad enough! And if you want it bad enough, you will do everything in your power to make it happen. No situation or struggle was too difficult for me and no one's opinion was greater than mine. I didn't use my situation as an excuse. I didn't use my kids as an excuse. Everything in life comes with disappointment, set backs and heartache. I could have given up every second. I could have made excuses and used them t...o my advantage, but GOD! And when you use that as a means to make it through, nothing will get in your way. This is my journey. This is my time. It may not have happened when I wanted it. It may have taken longer than others. But I set my goals, trusted Gods plan and persevered. Now I don't have to look back and say, what if, or I should have, or it was because of this... No! I now get to say, I did it! I did it with a passion and a light that was instilled in me from my wonderful parents. A light that shined so bright my kids have it in them now! They witnessed the struggle and heartache and saw how hard I worked throughout this journey. They were my encouragers, confidants and my little inspirations. They want to be just like me! Wow! What a blessing! And you can have that too! You can do it too! Whatever it is that you want to make happen, the dreams and goals that seem impossible, and the inspiration from people like me to get you there, you can do it too! This is what my daddy taught me. This is what he left me! A legacy of beautiful things! And I get to celebrate it with my mommy, children, love of my life, friends and family. I know he will be there in spirit. He's all around, I've felt it. I know he was super proud of me because he told me. And I know God still has great things for me. This is only the beginning!
So MOMS, set goals! Make things happen! Because if you don't, you will always ask yourself... what if? Even if they are small goals, at least they're goals.
Bye 2014, I met my goals and am going into the new year with new ones!!! (Blog coming soon)
 

1. Set realistic goals

When it comes to reaching your goals, setting measurable ones in the first place is key. We have a tendency to aim too high and set goals that are almost impossible to achieve. A better strategy would be to divide big goals into smaller, attainable objectives,” say Nancy and Nadine, co-founders of Les (Z)imparfaites blog. Similarly, ValĂ©rie of Encore une Maman blog reminds moms to be realistic.

2. Do something for yourself

Set goals that you yourself want to achieve. Don’t set goals that only others, like your mother, want for you, say Nancy and Nadine.

3. Stay motivated

By keeping a positive momentum, it will help you stick to your goals all year long. Change and results won’t always happen immediately – don’t let that discourage you! Prioritize to ensure you accomplish your goals. ”We’re still learning how to let go of the need to control our kids’ homework and chores that aren’t as important,” say Nancy and Nadine.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts