Field trips, field days and 6 year olds



This month is full of activities for the kiddos. It's definitely been a nonstop adventure. If this is what first grade and pre-preK is all about, these next 10 years years are going to be something. I've been to at least 4 field trips this year, 8 dance/school performances, girl scouts, gymnastics, horseback-riding and now my 4 year old son is joining a karate team in the neighborhood.




The field trips have been most interesting. 6 year olds these days are the most intelligent I've seen since I was born. I couldn't believe the conversations these kids were having at this age. I had to catch myself in some conversations I was having with these little ones because I felt like I was talking to an adult and was getting too comfortable. It's amazing what 6 year olds know. I'm glad I'm in the know rather then being naive. My daughter surprises me every day with knew songs, words and patty cakes. I don't know what the boundaries are with 6 year olds but my daughter knows her
boundaries. Or does she?


This year was her first year as a dancer and I was a bit skeptical at first because I know my daughter can be shy at times but let me tell you my daughter sure did surprise me. She is the most sassiest little girl I know. She has to be the center of attention just like her mami and dancing is definitely her thing. This year has been full of surprises leaving us with lots of wonderful memories to last a lifetime. I am proud to be her mother and proud to call her my daughter.



Field day was super fun! I felt like a kid again. As a full-time working and grad student mami, I am blessed that I am able to take off of work to make it to these activities. My daughter has appreciated every minute I have been able to spend with her. Well, I hope she does. I have to come to an understanding that my expectations of my children may not be what they want especially when they get older... But until then, I will be there until they tell me otherwise. 



The end of the year banquet brought tears to my eyes. Yes, I'm one of those sappy mother's who cry's over every little thing. This was my daughter's first year in an actual dance team and she did a hell of a job! If you know my daughter, she is shy however when she gets to know you, she will open up. My daughter was awarded Little Miss Graceful not only because she was little miss graceful but because she is a perfectionist when it comes to dancing. WE practice long hours even after she has after school practice because she wants to make sure she gets it right! And of course her brother fits right in. He always wants to be a part of his sister's activities. This summer it will finally be his turn to shine! Karate here we come!

Comments

Popular Posts