"I won't be this small"

"I won’t always cry mommy, when you leave the room, and my supermarket tantrums will end soon too.
I won’t wake you up, for cuddles throughout the night and one day you will miss having a chocolate face to wipe.
You won’t always wake to find my foot, kicking your back and you out of the bed or find me sideways on your pillow where you want to lay your head.
You won’t always have to carry me, in asleep from the car, or piggyback me down the road when my little legs can’t walk that far.
So cherish every cuddle, remember them all, for one day mommy, I won’t be this small."

This quote has me in tears. My babies are actually growing up! I never thought this day would come... The day where I really miss my babies being 'babies'. Why do they have to grow up so fast? Time has taken away from their little lives and has shaped them into amazing little children. My son recently turned 4 and my daughter will be 7 next month! What is going on!? I feel like it was just yesterday I was listening to their heartbeat through an ultrasound, feeling that first kick, that first hiccup and that first push out my basketball of a belly! I am so fortunate that I was able to experience motherhood at a young age. I believe in God and I believe that he has a plan for each an everyone of us... And this was my life as he planned it. Not the way my parent wanted of course in the beginning, not the way my friends thought would be convenient for me, not for me to imagine I would give birth at the age of 20. But it was God, he had a plan.

Some people may not understand why things happen the way they do, but of we just trust that everything will work out for the best, it will. My children are the reason I live and if that means they have to grow up right before my eyes then I have to accept the fact that they will get older every day, create lasting memories and enjoy the journey as we all grow old together.

Comments

Popular Posts