A week NOT like any other... October 25th.

I don't know where to begin. My heart continues to break each day and I write this out to vent. My daddy is so strong. It seems as though he is getting stronger everyday. Or maybe it's me, trying to be positive, not seeing the negative and only hoping for the best. He is a man of God and a man of his word. I love him so much. What kills me inside is to see him have to go through this battle with cancer. But he is not afraid. He knows it is all in God's hands. And what keep us all going, is we all know this as well.
It's amazing how many people's lives my dad has touched. The many many friends he has and the love they have for him is amazing and touches my heart. From his childhood days, boxing days with George Foreman, to his coworkers and neighbors, to his online ministry and all the way to his relationship with the Osteen family! He's such a wonderful man of God and I'm so proud to call him daddy. A benefit is in the process just for him provided by his closest friends and family. 
This week was and has NOT been like any other. We had stayed in the hospital for 8 days straight in Florida with my daddy (my children and I, my mommy and Jason). But I wouldn't have it any other way. The nurses and doctor's coming in and out of his hospital room seemed routine and the statements talked amongst themselves about him, were somewhat negative. The only positive side notes, were that he was so strong. That they can't believe how long he has been fighting for and that they knew it was for us. But waking up every morning knowing I will see his face again keeps me going. Even though he isn't mobile right now, my mommy and I are still here to help him. Feeding him his favorite foods and sitting beside him at his bed side having my own kind of conversations with him, will always stay in my heart. 
We flew him on a medical jet ambulance from Florida to his home in Houston. There could have been complications and implications that may have kept us from bringing him home, but he wanted to come home so bad, we made it happen and helped him do just that. I made sure to make him feel comfortable. My mommy never left his side one bit. He knows she loves him dearly and will always be there for him no matter what. I went to the grocery store to buy him all his organic, raw foods/fruits. I'm excited that he has made it home finally after 3 months. The smile on his face is priceless and I will never forget that.

He is the kind of person that puts everyone else first ahead of himself and doesn't like worrying anyone. He wanted to see his closest friends and family. He wanted to be in his own house. He was so tired of the hospitals, doctor's and nurses and the conventional medication that he just wanted to be home with us. he is my mom's best friend and companion. The love of her life. There is this fairytale fantasy that never ends between them and I want that for myself one day. A true love that never dies and a man who will do anything for his wife, children and family. I'm never leaving his side. I'm here for him. It's special. I love him more than words can say. He's my best friend. My daddy and I am his little girl. 


Comments

Popular Posts