Daddy's Memorial

This is not an easy process as we are mourning the loss of such a great father and husband. Our lives will be different and it is still hard to fathom as I was just holding him in my arms a few days ago but we will make it.
For those that didn't know the situation, my daddy was such a fighter and had the never-give-up mentality during his battle with cancer. He was diagnosed in July with Stage IV Lymphoma and was given only 20 days to live. He fought courageously with God by his side until he took his last breath with my mom, I, and his closest family and friends at his side Monday night, THREE in a half MONTHS later. God is good and allowed us to spend the time we did with him during his last days and we thank God for that precious time.
This is what I will miss the most; His humbleness and his magnetic personality. Its amazing how he has so many friends as he has touched so many lives all around the world. I am very thankful to the Lord for allowing me to have my daddy for the 27 years I did and to share precious memories with him that I hold dear to my heart that not only changed my life but changed my children's lives as well. He was such a wonderful grandfather and he loved his grandchildren very much and they loved him as well; they too will hold those memories in their hearts. I am proud to call him my daddy and am proud to be his "baby" daughter. We had an amazing bond that I can't even describe and it breaks my heart as I write this because I will no longer be able to hug him, touch him, talk to him and most importantly have him. I do hold dear though, the last moments with him when it took all his strength to place my head on his chest and rub his hands on my face and his fingers through my hair, telling me how beautiful I was, how proud he was of me and how much he loved me.


My mother especially feels the pain tremendously as well, as he held on as long as he did just for her as they kissed so tenderly. She will never forget the times they shared together and will always carry it with her in her heart. Please continue to pray for her and I (my children and immediate family) as it is difficult. We know it will take time for the healing process and we will miss him dearly BUT one thing he taught us was; WE WILL SOON MEET AGAIN and that gives us closure.

Comments

Popular Posts