University of Houston Half-Time Show Extravganza!

She was waiting on this day to come for so long. We talked about it again and again and again. She was so proud that she was able to perform at University of Houston and remembers a field trip she had there this time last year. I am so proud as her mother and can't wait to live my life seeing her perform.

The morning she woke up for the performance and I had finished prettying her up, she paused, looked at me and said "Mommy, I miss Papu so much, and I wish he could be here to be with me on today, but I know he will be watching me, from heaven, right?" I immediately responded "Yes baby, Papu is always watching you and he can't wait to see you perform." She had this huge smile on her face that made me tear. It's so touching that she never seems to forget her Papu and how much of a huge impact he had on her life. He was not only her grandpa, but her best friend and father figure.

Even though we stayed out in the cold and rain for hours just to see her perform for 5 minutes, it was sooooo worth it. I was so proud of my baby girl's performance at the UH half-time show extravaganza, that it brought a smile to my face! Shes growing so fast with such a gentle soul yet fierce cheer spirit! After her performance she ran straight to me so proud and said "Mommy, I did it! I know Papu was watching me from heaven, do you think he's proud?" My response again was "Yes baby, Papu is very proud and smiling down on you right now!"

I ran into one of my best friends cousins before they performed and didn't get to say hi but waved from a distance. She told my bestie that she saw me and I seemed to be in good spirits. To tell you the truth, I was actually holding it all in. I lost the best man I've ever had in my life (my daddy) almost three weeks ago and because he was always involved with every school event and extra-curricular activity, it broke my heart again to not have him with me by my side video recording her and cheering our princess Mykaila on.

Brothas, he is always supporting his big sister! Oh how I love when my son smiles, it makes my heart melt and takes all my heartache away. As we were watching the girls line up for the half-time performance, he was looking and pointing trying to find his sister. He is such a big boy, if only he knew that Papu is so proud of him for being such a big support to his sister. 
GO COOGS!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts