Daddy... It's your birthday and I miss you.

Today would have been your 66th birthday daddy... And I wish I could be singing happy birthday to you right now, but God needed you more. I know we will be together again one day. You may be gone from this earth, but you're always in my heart.
Not a day goes by where I don't think about you. My thoughts for you have grown stronger each day and you are always on my mind someway, somehow. I imagine you holding me again, hugging me tightly in your arms whenever I needed you or just because.
Daddy I was there when air no longer filled your lungs, when your heart beat it's last beat, and as I kissed your forehead I knew even though that was the last kiss, I know I will see you again in Heaven, but that doesn't stop me from missing you now. Even though time has passed I still think about you and miss you every second of the day. You are always on my mind.
It's been 10months and even though you taught me to keep going because I will see you again one day, I still miss you every second of the day.
This was for you, on your birthday, daddy. I hope you saw our faces, although filled with tears, we are okay. We know where you are and we know it has to be this way. We wrote you notes on the balloons we sent you, we hope you read them daddy. We sang a song that reminded us of you daddy, we hope you heard us. We blew out the candles for you daddy because you weren't able to do it yourself. We baked oatmeal cookies instead of a cake because they were your favorite daddy, we hope you noticed that. We smiled more smiles this time, than we cried tears daddy, I hope you saw us. Although we miss you tremendously, we know you would want us to be happy together and know you are where you should be right now and you are okay with that. We watched the balloons go up into the sky and in bewteen the clouds. We watched them until we could see them no more daddy, we hope you caught them. M wrote a special message in hopes that you will write back. I know you aren't able to write back but maybe one day, you can come to us in a dream. A dream so real that we can feel you and know you are okay. So momma can hold you again and kiss your lips once more as she talks about one day doing. We love you daddy. We will always keep you in our hearts and we will never forget what you taught us. I will love & miss you for the rest of my life daddy. Always remembering you with a mountain of love and an ocean full of tears. HAPPY BIRTHDAY daddy, love your baby girl, "your babies" and your loving wife.

Comments

Popular Posts