Birthday Party Madness!

People ask, Are you guys ever NOT doing anything?

Well, let me tell you something. As I sit here writing this blog in the car while Jas drives us back from today's birthday party, I can't ever imagine my life not being busy busy and full of excitement.

My daughter always has her times to shine whether it be with her friends, bday parties, extracurricular activities or whatever, my son wishes he were a part of it too. Today is his day! His friend from school is having a super hero birthday party at the movies. Who would have known this to be another option. I have always thought of doing something like this, however I wasn't too familiar with it quite yet since the kiddos were still young.
What we did was, watch "Despicable Me2 3D" as they provided the kiddie boxes we always get for the kiddos. He looked like such a big boy sitting next to all his friends and I almost had a tear run down my cheek. :-/ I thought to myself, "He is growing up too fast! Where is my little boy at?" He was so well behaved and in to the movie, it actually didn't surprise me. My kiddos are pretty well mannered children even though they now they can get away with murder from his mother! LOL.
After the movie, we went into the party room and ate pizza, cake and opened presents. He was having such a great time with his friends, he forgot we were around. Of course, because I have two, I try to spread and equal out the amount of attention and love to them, (so they say), and my daughter was also a big girl today. She sat with me and daddy during the movie while her baby brother was with his friends. She didn't know anyone and it takes a few minutes for some time for her to warm up to people she isn't familiar with.
BUT she did NOT forget her brother. We bought candy, extra popcorn and a pickle and sure enough, she would pass it to him to share... (pssssssst Elij, here, were sharing, I love you, have fun). He was sitting in front of us with his little friends while we were behind him.  
So at the end of the day, as the wind is blowing in my face and my hair is going hella crazy with the windows down, I think to myself and I know, my children will grow up to be pretty amazing adults!


Read the full article on "Getting Along with Brothers and Sisters"
http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/home_family/sibling_rivalry.html

Comments

Popular Posts