My daughter's 8th birthday... A day in the life of M.

 Excuse me while I take a deep breathe... My daughter turned 8 today! Yes, 8 years old. A year older and a day later. My little girl is no longer a baby. She is two numbers away from being in the double digits.
I'm. breathing. slowly.
Taking. A. Deep. Breathe.
I can remember the day God gave her to me at 4:12pm in the afternoon. It was a short and painful labor, but when I brought her home from the hospital at 6 lbs 6 oz, my life changed dramatically and it's never been the same. I thank her for that everyday. And thank God everyday for blessing me with such a beautiful little girl.
Just the other day I was changing her poopy diapers. Even though I miss those days and all her funny faces and gooing, I want to tell my baby girl how proud I am of her! She has grown up to be a beautiful young lady inside & out. I am so blessed to have her for my daughter. Happy 8th Birthday my Princess, love Mommy, Daddy, Mamu and your little brother. Papu would be super proud of who you've become.
Her day went a little something like this:
It was 8 am this morning and I had to head to clinical's around 9:30. A few weeks before, my best friend whom she knows as her "Tia Lala" (she's known since birth), planed on picking her up for the morning for a bday date. M had no idea that this was going to take place. I had her wake up early and get dressed. Yes, with all the questioning and wondering why she was up so early, the plan remained a secret. When the door bell rang, she ran to it thinking it was the lawn man, but to her surprise it wasn't! She screamed with Joy and was greeted with bday balloons! Her face was priceless and I had wished I was going on the bday date, however she needed time away with her, just them two. 
She then had asked to spend the rest of her day with her cousins, so her wish was granted. Call her spoiled but I felt she deserved it. She has been through so much within a period of time, from losing her grandfather to mourning him onto coping with the loss even though she may not want too. This day was for her. Something outside of the box and special just for her.
The moment you step into an American Girl Store, you will understand a little girls delight and see through her glowing eyes, that she is right where she should be. We ended up picking her cousins up after my clinical's and reserved lunch at The American Girl Bistro. We had a great time, bday girl, my mom, Tia Lala, and her two cousins! They provided treat seats, cups, and saucers just for dolls to use during the meal. And don’t worry if your girl forgot her doll they always have extra dolls available to dine with them. We enjoyed the birthday package that allowed us all to enjoy an appetizer, an entrée and a nice sized bday cake/song with American Girl Goodies for the girls who attended.
After enjoying our dining experience, she was able to get her American girl fixed up nice and pretty to match her. We took the girls back home and when daddy got off of work, he treated her to a nice picnic on the living room floor with ice-cream and a movie. Twas a great day spent with my little family just us girls (as brother was with his boy cousin having a boys day too) and then us all later that evening. Just as it should be.
 
American Girl Brands, a subsidiary of Mattel, has been around since 1986.  The brand’s mission is “to encourage girls to dream, grow, to aspire, to create, and to imagine through a wide range of engaging and insightful books, age-appropriate and educational products, and unforgettable experiences.”  The brand has a loyal following of millions of girls and the praise and trust of both parents and educators.  Although you can request a free catalogue of the brand’s offerings (800-845-0005) or shop online (www.americangirl.com), you would be depriving you and your daughters of a very special experience by sidestepping a visit to the actual store.

Comments

Popular Posts