Almost Ready for Christmas...

"Mommy, I know you and Mamu are sad wight now becuz Papu's not here to help with the cwistmas tree. I am bery sad too. But I'm here to help and will take cawe of you. I'm your gentermen." 
#wisewordsfromafouryearold

I love the lights; I love the gift wrapping (and opening); I love eggnog; I love gathering with the family to eat lots of food…there is very little about Christmas that I do not love.  I remember as a little kid being so excited that I couldn’t sleep, thinking about Santa Claus and what he would be bringing while I slept.  And now, as the mommy, I still have a hard time sleeping, thinking about how my little one's (who are not quite so little anymore) are going to react to seeing the amazing gifts “Santa” has assembled under the tree. But this year is different. Daddy/Papu is not here to cherish the memories with. Believe it or not, he really wasn't a holiday kind of guy. In the later years, celebrating holidays for him wasn't what it was truly about but his presence was all that we needed. 
 
So are we ready for Christmas? Yea, kinda, sorta. To tell you the truth we are usually ready for Christmas right after or on Thanksgiving, but again this year is different. We actually set up the lights and tree pretty late this year. If it were up to me, I probably wouldn't be too much into the Christmas spirit, but because I have kiddos who are looking forward to all the festivities and our elf on the shelf has made it back from the north pole, I can't kill their Christmas spirit. 

My daughter was actually sick with the flu for the first couple of days but I finally got baby girl out of bed to bake and decorate cookies with us and we had a good ole time just me and my little babessss. #flublues

So we did it! We put the tree up and the lights are on! We are only a few weeks away from the big day – Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts