Field Day. A day in the life of this kid.

As an elementary kid, I was always excited about field day. “Mom, you have to pack us water bottles for field day tomorrow.  It is going to be hot and we may get dehydrated,” M said as if she was a pediatrician. I was so excited for her and I never miss a field day. I am so fortunate to be able to sneak away from work to catch the kids' school events.. And to be there to capture these moments is always worth it. I can't wait until my son gets to be involved in all these school activities. He's in Pre-K at the same school, but for some odd reason, Pre-K couldn't participate this year. My guess is as good as yours. Anyhow... My daughter was super ready. Thank God I got out of my audit that morning. I was all the way across town and made it just in time. I surprised my son with lunch and my mom brought donuts THEN we surprised my daughter with snacks and plenty of water! 
Then they started! They went in groups. I was surprised as it was extremely organized... The games included: sack potato races, balloon tosses, one-legged races, tug-of-war and egg/spoon races. I recorded her best moments. The girls went against girls from another class and her team of girls won the tug-of-war contest!
“Did you get a ribbon for tug-of-war?” I asked her.
“Nope.  But we were the champs!” 
I didn't understand why they didn't receive a ribbon for the tug-of-war BUT it didn't matter to them, "As long as everyone in the 2nd grade saw that we were the champs, that's all that would be talked about for weeks mommy!" 

Comments

Popular Posts