Holy MIDTERMS!!!!


Talk about crucial! Here I am sick as a dog, feeling overwhelmed with everything else going on, Halloween is just around the corner and now I have midterms back to back! SMH! This semester definitely has me going bonkers! If Grad school wasn't difficult enough as it is already, the professors gotta throw in more! I now have a presentation due at the end of the month, psych assessments and evaluations need to be given to clients, reading and dissecting each chapter carefully and so much more! *Holding hand over forehead* But chop, chop, I must get it done. If I have big dreams and plan on making them come to past, giving up isn't an option! Midterms are just stepping stone towards the process.< I keep telling myself this...

The pressure of taking midterm exams brings into sharp focus the need for developing skills like time management, organization and prioritizing of work. These are skills that will work well for you in any career and in your personal life. So it’s a good idea to jump in now and get these skills under your belt.
You think that being a freshman or sophomore is hard? Try grad school. Hai Nguyen described how he had to learn time management and organization skills while earning his PhD at Stanford. In his June 14, 2012 post for AppFluence.com titled, “Top 10 time management skills for college students from a Stanford entrepreneur,” Nguyen explained his formula for success.

One key to success is to know where to focus your efforts. “It’s absolutely important that you decide to work on the things that have the biggest impact (perhaps to your grade), and not because it’s easy,” Nguyen emphasized.

Another valuable skill is the ability to work smarter. Something that I have trouble with because I'm always super mommy busy. However, this means finding bits of time during your day where you can focus on a task and do what you can with it. Examples of how this works come from Beth Dumbauld in an article for Straighterline.com titled, “8 Time Management Tips for Adult College Students.”
“For example, an email can be written on a bus ride, a problem set can be finished while waiting for a dentist, and the opening paragraph of a paper can be drafted at your child’s gymnastic class. Don’t wait for those big chunks of time to get everything done,” Dumbauld said.

The College Student's Ultimate Midterm Survival Guide

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/her-campus/college-midterm-studying-_b_2019826.html

But I'm truly cramming and that's not like me to procrastinate. I just believe I am under too much pressure with everything else going on. But I won't give up. I won't. I will just keep going and do the best that I can possibly do. Wish me luck!! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts