Last minute Halloween costumes for kiddos!

This morning after I dropped the kiddos off at school on this ugly rainy day here in Houston, I decided to take a detour to Party City. The only reason I went was because my poor son doesn't have his costume yet. Because of everything that has been going on and the amount of time we spent out of town with my daddy, we just haven't had time to be quite in the Halloween spirit. Any who, I decided to buy a costume of his choice before they became sold out by the end of the day... Ha. was I kidding myself or what?! These costumes of his choice were already gone! No Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles, No superheroes, No scary zombies or skeletons.. I was pacing super fast tying to figure out how my baby boy can enjoy tonight. Then boom, there was a ninja costume just a size bigger, BUT I was determined to improvise. And I did! I bought the nun-chucks, sword and spheres to go with it as accessories and I just have to pull together some matching bottoms. I thought to myself for a while and took a deep breath while thinking in deep thought... "well I would have done anything to make a costume for my baby boy with items I already have." 
Here are 10 costumes you can pull together in a matter of minutes, using some items you have around your house. 
1. Super hero: Cut out a letter with your child’s initial and pin it to a t-shirt. Tie a superhero “cape” using a blanket or towel. BAM! POW! You’re set.
2. Ninja: Black pants and a shirt is all you need for this one. Tie on a solid black bandana or scarf around the face, or use a little bit of black face paint around the eyes.
3. Construction worker: Pick up a plastic hard hat and a flannel t-shirt and some jeans and you’ve got your own handy man on your hands.
4. Athlete: Everyone has some extra sports balls lying around. Have your kid carry one around while wearing some some knee-high socks and long shorts, or a sweatband and tennis.
5. Tutu ballerina: Tutus are super easy to make. Use tulle to make a red one and glue or stitch on black felt circles to make a ladybug, or make an all-white, add wings and you’ve got an angel.
6. Ghosts: Nothing like the classic ghost costume. Just cut holes for eyes out of a small white sheet.
7. Robot: Have an extra box hanging around? Cover it in foil and cut out holes for your kid’s head and arms.
8. Sick and tired: All your kids need for this are some pajamas and a thermometer. Paint on some rosy cheeks or red polka dots all over to be a kid with the chicken pocks.
9. Mummy: If you have toilet paper you have a mummy in the making. Have your little guy hang on to the end of the roll, then spin them around and around.
10. Pirate: This popular costume can be made using some materials around your house. A bandana, eye patch, some black tights and an over-sized white t-shirt will do the trick.

Comments

Popular Posts