It's almost the three month mark...

...when my dad was diagnosed with Lymphoma Stage IV. Doctor's told him he only had 20 days to live but he's still living life, the best he can. My mom has been super strong through this all and so have I. I am so lucky and blessed with all the support from my friends and most importantly, Jason. Who would have known even after everything we have been through, this man, would stay by my side. For whatever reason, certain family members are upset at the fact that my dad has stood his ground and chose an alternative way to heal cancer and in the end, it should be respected.
It's not my fault. I'm tired of being in the middle of family relationships. I'm tired of being the one to point the blame. I'm moving on for him because toxic people are no good for the body. It's a poison and poison kills. If they don't understand, they don't understand. If they want to have hatred. Let them. 
There are some things that are out of my control. People think I am a part of things that I am not. I don't ever boast about anything that I do. I just make it known via my experiences, life, love and struggles. There's always a purpose or reason for everything. And if there was no purpose, hell, how does one learn to grow from mistakes made. There are things that many just don't understand. And it's not my job to help them understand. Because of this, I have been criticized and ridiculed.. and it doesn't hurt anyone else but those who are at fault for doing it. I wish I had all the answers for them. I wish I could tell them what they wanted to hear. The truth is, it's still not good enough for them and they have come up with their own thoughts and opinions in their head of what they want the world to be like around them. And that's ok.
I understand people have their own opinions. Everyone is different in the way they act, react, think, and live. And no one should discourage their ways. No one should tell them how to think and feel. However, just because people may not agree, or act, or react the same as others do, doesn't mean they are to shut them out of their lives. How they want people to act or expectations from others, is not a reality. It is very important that no one expects anything from anyone as this is when you get let down in the end because everyone ha their own opinions in the end. It is how you handle it, learn from it and grow from it. It is how one handles life. Removing people who don't fill your life with positivity, can weaken you and cancer feeds off of negativity, stress and emotions. We all have cancer in our bodies, it's how we react and act that can feed it or not feed it. There is nothing more harmful to your body than having toxins waste away your insides. I am so proud of my dad, he is so strong and doing just that, riding his toxins. He tells us everyday he is fighting and won't stop fighting. His strength gives me strength and I feed off of that and give it to my children. This has not been an easy road for them, as they have known him since birth and have formed this never breaking bond. And my children still to this day, ask for their 'Papu' and ask how his progress is. Three months has been a long time for not seeing him face to face, but we're all strong and we take it day by day.

Comments

Popular Posts