Can I sleep in just this once!?

I told the kiddos if they slept in just this once, ill cook them a super delicious breakfast! But if they wake up too early, I will make the nastiest breakfast; burnt pancakes, burnt toast, runny eggs, soggy cereal... I didn't hear from the kiddos for 30 more minutes after their normal waking time. 

So all in all, it didn't work for my son. I will give him this though, he did wake up a bit later than usual, but he was determined to get breakfast out of me regardless if it was the nastiest. This boy will eat ANYTHING! And when i mean anything, I mean ANYTHING! 

Just this once, it would have been nice to sleep in. Again, I give my son credit for allowing me 30 more minutes of sleep. 30 minutes is a lot! I think he's finally growing up! Mami's I know you understand. If 30 minutes is all I get, then 30 minutes it is! It's more than what it was before (8am instead of 7:30am!). 

My daughter is the picky one! She loves my homemade pancakes and she definitely didn't want to screw that up aside from the fact that she can sleep until noon, with every loud noise going on through the house and her not being bothered from it at all one bit!  

So I let them make me homemade door hangers just for me that said, "Shhhh! Mommy's Sleeping!" It's only gives me 30 minutes for alone time, for just me. No one else. Not even daddy. It gave them something to do and it also gives them an opportunity to be independent for 30 minutes (with the help of their daddy when needed of course).  

Since the school year is approaching us fast, I also want to make coupon books for both the kiddos and I. 

I visited the "Disney Family.com" site for mothers day coupons but realize they can be used for any occasion; breakfast in bed, dishes duty, time to your-self, bubble bath, your choice...etc.

http://family.go.com/printables/article-879270-disney-mothers-day-printable-mommyland-coupon-book-t/  

Comments

Popular Posts