Our Drive-In Experience!

"Stranded at the drive in
Branded a fool
What will they say Monday at school?"   
                                                     
This movie was definitely a hit! I wish I lived during these times. The clothes, the shoes, the songs and the way of life all together was it for me and the movie/musical hit it right on! I always wondered what it would be like to experience a drive-in movie like I saw in the movies. I've taken my kiddos to see movies at the park on a big screen, but was unfamiliar about a drive-in near our area. I am a big fan of Groupon and Livingsocial and I pretty much research new activities to do as family come weekends/holidays or just because days. BUT, this was something new. When it popped up as an option to but two for one, I didn't bother with it because it indicated that this "drive-in", was in Hockley, TX (an hour in a half) away from where we live. I didn't think too much of it because I rarely like to travel that far witht he kiddos unless I know the end results will be worth while. UNTIL my BFF took her children one weekend. She too heard about it through the grape vine and tried it out. Now she is much closer to Hockley then we are because she lives in Katy, TX. So when she updated me on how much fun and different it was, we HAD to try it out!
It was the perfect weekend to try it too because the Disney movie "PLANES" came out that Friday and my kiddos have been wanting to see "SMURFS2". Now, listen to this! We only paid $6 for adults to watch TWO (2) movies and $4 for children for the price of one, one showing right after the other! It was well worth it and so much fun! And so different! My BFF went with us too because our children are so close and have grown up together since they were babies. They were able to enjoy this experience together.  

So as we drove up to the Drive-in, it already gave us the feel as if we were going to a drive-in. We paid, drove through and BOOM, you saw TWO huge screens (they play two screens on given nights, different movies to select from for that particular day). Cars and trucks were parked backwards so you were able to open the tailgate to watch from. People were set up with chairs, ice chests, tables, blankets set up for a picnic and there was a playground for kiddos with picnic tables and a play area (for those who arrived early enough to catch a good spot). After we settled down and relaxed our blankets and pillows in the bed of the truck, we let the kiddos play until 15 minutes before the movie. Then we hit the concessions! Everything was reasonably priced with popcorn and drinks being a dollar and giving the feel of a drive-in. As soon as we bought what we needed we headed back to the car and the movie started! We set the radio to the station of choice for the movie and ViOla, we were at a drive-in!
For those of you who live in or around the Houston area and you want to experience something new with your kiddos and family, try the Showboat Drive-in! It's worth it in my books!!!
 



Comments

Popular Posts