PRE-K and 2nd Grade Jitters

The first day of school is more bittersweet now that I’m a parent. I believe it's because I have grown accustomed to the summer routine and seeing my 4year old grow up in a daycare setting has my heart comfortable, I was not ready to see him move forward into elementary. However, it is what it is and I have to let go.

Fellow parents, though it may be counter-intuitive, it is that time of year to take a step back, so that your child can take a step forward. It is time to let go. Something that was very hard for me. I don't believe it was this hard for me with my oldest. The difference is that, my parents were around for the support and my mother was a teacher at the same school teaching.

No more babies in the house... This is really heartbreaking!!! "Oh please mommy, were still your babies! Or you can just give me a baby sister then you'll have a baby!" Lol um...
Heck, I grew up in this school as well and it was a very comfortable environment for all of us. This year, I still am acquainted with the teachers, except there is one puzzle piece that is missing.. My parents. They have both retired and my dad is currently undergoing cancer treatments. On the bright side.. they will be back in a week and the kiddos will feel more comfortable knowing they are a phone call away. Even when my daughter walked into her 2nd grade class, she began tearing up. Not crying hysterically like most, just tearing. I just can't believe my first born is already in 2nd grade!

This school year has been rough for my children but I believe it's a good thing to a certain extent. They are learning how to be more independent and my son is realizing life isn't always a box of chocolates.


My son's beginning of the year has been the toughest. It is his first year in Pre-K and in a new environment. He seemed ready and was excited about his first day BUT when the time came for me to leave, he realized mommy wasn't going to be there. He latched onto my leg and wouldn't let me go! This broke my heart.
Through the many exciting milestones of his little life, he's finally reached the Pre-K mark. My last baby isn't a baby anymore, he's my "big boy!" #mommasboy #youngmamilife

Comments

Popular Posts