Letter To My Children...

To my two wonderful children,

From the moment you came into my life you have been the centers of my universe. My love for you two continues to grow as your individual personalities emerge (into something great). You both always strive for excellence and with that, I am so proud.

Mykaila, I love your ambition and persistence.
When you were only 5 years old, I loved to hear you say:
“When I grow up I want to be a dancer, a math teacher, a baby doctor and a mommy, just like you…”
I want you to know that you can be all of that and MORE. Now, a year later, singer has been added to that list of goals and dreams. I am thrilled that you realize that there is more than one path that you can follow and your strength and determination will help you along the way. And you certainly are determined. When you were only 15 months old, you had mastered your ABC's, 123's (Spanish and English), all your body parts (names) and used them all to your advantage. You have grown into a beautiful little girl who is super smart, funny and sassy. You know exactly how to get under my skin yet know exactly how to butter me up. You always ask questions about life out of curiosity, being sensitive to all and caring for others. You have a wonderful heart and remarkable magnetic personality. You were my first born, love and we'll always share that close bond with each other no matter how old you become.
I love you AND your Sassyness!

Elijah, I know you are still young and your dreams may also change, but I love that at 4 years old you have such an intelligent little mind and strong demeanor of confidence like your mommy. You know I love working with people when I explain to you my job duties and career path, you sit and listen to all my stories and you say you want to be just like me. I dream of the day that we work together side by side! You will always be a mommy's boy. I enjoy our mother-son bond, especially when you lay on me just because and tell me I'm your comfort. You know you can always come to me when you are scared so I can fight away all the boogy-men and grinche's away.
I love your little personality...Your temper tantrums are LOUD and CRAZY, especially when you want to get your way.
(Your spoiled as much as your sister!)
Yet I’m glad you are asserting your strength and individuality and I as your mommy, will happily sit with you while offering a hug and talk you through your concerns when you are ready, because I love you AND your tenacious ways!

Your sibling bond is unbreakable!
You play so well together, expressing your ideas to one another through imagination. It always amazes me when Mykaila (older sibling) is there to comfort you (Elijah) when you are sad or even vice versa.
Mykaila, you are such an amazing big sister and have taught your little brother how to be and do so many interesting things especially, independence. You are patient with him (at times) and willing to compromise (when you want him to play barbies or watch your monster high movies). But all in all you will always have his back as I will to you both.
Lately, we have had a family saying that “we are a team.”
Of course as parents we have to make rules, but your daddy and I also believe that it is important that you are able to participate in your life. We are very proud of you two, YES, even when (you don't think we are) especially when we ground you, set you in time out and teach you the way of life as we know it. We are here to educate you, to set guidelines, and to love you, support you and watch you grow into wonderful amazing and intelligent adults! I will be there all the way to teach you right from wrong, to support you and cheer you on in all your future endeavors as a young child, youth, adult and when you become parents as well.

I am looking forward to all of the many adventures to come and hold dear the many adventures we have shared over the course of your little lifetime.

Love Always and Forever,
Your Mommy 

I try to tell my children how much I love them whenever I get the chance. I want them to know that they are loved unconditionally and that I notice their attempts to follow my “motherly advice.” I want them to know and trust that I will always be their biggest fan and help build their confidence while also keeping them grounded in reality. I am their mother and that will never change. 

Comments

Popular Posts