The haircut of all haircuts

Ok, ok, ok. I cut his bangs too short, that's why I'm not a hairstylist! But they were buggin him and he wanted MOMMY to fix it. Next time, a 10 minute drive down to his stylist won't be such a bad a idea after all. 

My son is known for his signature hair. I will never cut the length until he is old enough to tell me he finally wants it cut. I even ask him now, just to see the reaction and he repeatedly tells me “No mommy!” Because his hair is long, he every now is mistakenly called a girl. They see pictures in my office of my two and immediately assume he is a girl. “Aw, your girls are so cute” or when in public, “she’s adorable”. It doesn’t get old, and it really doesn’t bother me because I know he’s cute and as he had grown older, he gets more handsome day by day! 

This morning he told me his bangs were bothering him in his face and he wanted mommy to fix it. I told him I would have to use scissors and he was excited! Me… not so much. I’m not a hairstylist nor do I plan on ever being one but as I thought to myself…”how hard could it be?” Um, apparently, you have to know what you’re doing to get a good haircut style, and I’m definitely not trained in that area. I think he looks absolutely cutsie pie, but baby daddy and a couple of other family members think otherwise. It’s a joke now and I kind of chuckle inside a little too. The hairstylist couldn’t even fix it! It was already too short. Luckily, I know that it will grow back, especially before school, so no worries. A friend told me not to feel bad because he wanted mommy to do it and mommy did it the best she could. Damn right I did! Lol.

Comments

Popular Posts