Choosing Young Motherhood

Is young motherhood, a choice? It may not have been planned or what they call a "mistake" but it was always my priority. Being a mother was always a dream and goal for my life. My mother was older and my father already had children from his first marriage so having older parent and being the only child put it at the top of my list of goals. I had a high school sweet heart that I had been with for almost three years and we always talked about the fact of having children in our future but I knew he wasn't the one I was to have my children with. When I met my children's father, and we became best friends and lovers, I knew having children with him was what I wanted. We talked about it but because we were so young we knew the timing wasn't right although if it were to happen, we would be ok with it and ready to begin the process of parenthood. Expect we didn't expect it to be so soon. October 2005, we conceived our first child (Mykaila) and I was only 19 years old. June 2008, we conceived our second child (Elijah). Who knew we woul have our pair. That was not only my dream but beyond what I could imagine. I was in love with all God gave me and the lives I brought into the world. Was being a young mother in college and working easy? Hell No!!! But, all in all, it was worth it! And I wouldn't change it for the world. I not only accomplished my dream of having children, but I also accomplished great memorable life experiences with them by my side.

"Wanting and Choosing Young Motherhood

Lacy Stroessner | Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:40 pm
Being a young mom was always at the forefront of my mind. Not because I thought I was supposed to be, not because I thought it was my job as a woman, but because I wanted to be a mom, plain and simple. From the depths of my dreams and secrets of my heart, being a young mom was priority. Lucky for me, I married the best man a girl could ask for. Phil has a heart as big as the moon, and what’s more – he wanted to be young dad. In fact, when he was a kid and people asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, he always said, “A dad!” Everything else was up in the air.
We had several logical reasons for wanting to be young parents, like having more energy to play with our children, (hopefully) not having to worry about fertility problems, our children enjoying their grandparents and vice versa, being able to enjoy our future grandchildren, an early empty nest, freedom in our 40s and 50s to travel the world/watch our kids grow, etc. But the real reason is because family is such a wonderful, beautiful thing. Why wait?"

Read full article here:
http://www.columbiatribune.com/arts_life/family_life/blogs/living_on_love/wanting-and-choosing-young-motherhood/article_be5f1374-2f20-52b4-929c-a9dd6b5264f1.html

Comments

Popular Posts