Excuse me? It just got REAL!

I was minding my own business as always while on a grocery shopping adventure with my kiddos. I am like every woman/mothers, we get hit on many times throughout the day, nothing new. But this was not the day to do it. A young man approached me nicely dressed. He began making conversation on how my kiddos were the cutest, how'd they get so lucky, who is the lucky man and yada yada yada. He seemed nice at first and my kiddos began talking to him while we were at the checkout line. It was a nice gesture to ask me out on a date, however he was definitely not my type. But the nice person I am let him know where I stood and he seemed to understand yet kept making conversation. Until it got REAL! One thing that turns me off is a man that begs and assumes! To sum it all up this is how the conversation ended. A little something like this...

"Don't try to talk to me and ask me for my number after I tell you NO for the hundredth time, THEN seem to be understanding and keep at it WITH my children listening in on the conversation. So to make it more comfortable I started to ask you a few questions about yourself BUT you get offended and say you feel like I'm asking you only so I can have you pay my rent, my bills and to take care of me and my kids! Assuming and saying that i'm like all young women who have children, looking for a daddy for the kids. Pssssshhhh. Please. First off, you came up to me first. And for your knowledge, I can take care of my self... I pay over $2000 for my home, bills, and kids! Why thank you, yes I know I look young but don't let that fool you! I do a darn good job at being a young mother. I could do it ALL BY MYSELF with no mans money but my own and still have money to spend if I wanted too! Shut you up now, huh? Don't judge me bc you don't know how hard I worked to be where I'm at. Nothing was handed to me, it was all by determination! Next time, don't approach someone with "assumption" because the next person might not be as nice as I was. Oh and you're welcome, your groceries are on me!"

By the way, I hope he enjoyed the round of applause created by the other shopping customers and staff. Today, I definitely walked off like a boss. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts