Missing the Munchkins

It's going on day 3 and instead of relaxing and enjoying time to myself, I can't stop thinking about my little munchkins. They have been on vacation with my parents and I miss their tight hugs and bad breath kisses in the mornings, fighting with each other and endless tattling but overall their love. It's too quiet without them. How was my life even possible without them before I gave birth? It's unimaginable, I know. They bring life into MY life. :-)
To all parents who have children and have to see them away for summer's with the other parent, I commend you. To all parents who let their children go on vacation with friends, family and/or grandparents, you feel my selfish pain. I almost didn't allow my kiddos to vacation with my parents because I would miss them too much. BUT, I thought about it and realized, eh, let them enjoy their time away from home. I can't keep them from vacation just because I have work. Ha, but that's the beauty of it! I get to take off whenever I want, just to spend time with them. And, I have every Friday and weekend off to spend with them.


I don’t think I’m the only one missing them. Even though buttons is old, forgetful and cranky when they are around, he still misses their presence. He is very protective of them and territorial. Can’t you tell that he is missing them already too!? So innocent and sad, sleeping in their tent, missing their loudness I am sure.



Comments

Popular Posts