It's all coming together!

The day is coming closer and my mom and I are overwhelmed BUT it's actually all coming together! My dad's benefit is this Friday and we are getting donations from left to right! The place was donated to us by his close friends. All the meat and sides were donated for the BBQ plates. All the deserts and drinks were also donated. A cake company is donating their famous cupcakes and cakes for the bake sale. I have many close friends and co-workers who are donating baskets, gift cards, money and miscellaneous for the raffle and silent auction. I have a t-shirt company donating the t-shirts for the immediate family and for the public to purchase. Company's and organizations that are donating bags and supplies. We have a face painter that is coming out to donate her time for the children. It’s just such a blessing and truly amazing how everything is coming together for my daddy. My dad was truly a pillar of his community and husband/father/grandfather/brother/friend. Even though his friends came up with the idea and to have a benefit to reimburse the expenses my mother and I incurred during the transport home, I believe it was a good one.  There's so much I want to say to everyone who has donated and/or volunteered their time for such a great event. I truly thank everyone who has been there for my mother and I. My dad would be so proud and grateful as so many are taking care of his girls. 


Comments

Popular Posts