Happy Father's Day to you!

Father's day is a day to celebrate the father's in your life.
And Jason, because you are my children's father,
I write this to you today to say:
I know you aren't perfect but no father is. There were times when you had no idea what you were doing but neither did I. We were so young, we decided to just go with the flow and I'm proud to say even though you didn't think you were perfect, in their eyes you were. You have grown throughout the years and I commend you for sticking through it. We have had our good times and difficult times but through it all you never gave up on them. You knew what you had to do as a father and you dedicated yourself to being just that. I'm proud of you because after knowing you yourself did not have your father by your side, you didn't want the same for your own children.
This is why you loved my daddy so much. He always showered you with kind words of wisdom and strong words  of encouragement towards fathering. He never judged you nor did he ever disrespect you when times got tough but he knew who the real you was and he believed in you to become the very best. He was most appreciative when you stuck by side in the very end. When I needed my daddy the most while he was away receiving treatment, you cared for me more than words can say. He knew I was in good hands and he thanked you numerous times for caring for his baby and his grandbabies. That night in the hospital where you grabbed his hand in yours and told him that you are the man now, that it's your time to be the man and take care of us, he smiled. Even though times have still been tough with him gone, I know he would be proud of you for holding on when you almost gave up because it was at times too much to handle.
Thank you for being you and thank you for loving the kids the way you do, in your own silly and unpredictable way.
Father's like Mother's are not born, Men grow into father's and fathering is a very important stage in their development. Jason, you are doing just fine.
The only thing better than having you in my life, is our children having you for their daddy.
Happy Father's Day to the imperfect Dad who may not always get it right but never gives up and always seems to try.

Comments

Popular Posts