Midnight Cravings.. Not me, them.

Do your kids ever wake you up in the middle of the night asking for something tasty to eat even after they've had a delicious wholesome dinner? It happens more than most moms realize. How about the kids who claim they're hungry right before bedtime? Yup! I'm raising both of my hands on this one. No we are obviously not starving our children, and we know this, but I'm sure our children have found our breaking point of desperation each time. My kiddos are good at it. I feel like a "bad mom" if I tell them to go back to sleep because I'm not getting up to make them something just because they 'think' they're hungry. Eh, okay okay, I'm guilty of this. But it got me no where... just a crying child that appears to be starving and I'm apparently starving them slowly. So, they usually win and when this happens, although I am tucked so quietly and comfortably in bed, I get up and figure out what this midnight snack will be this time. Luckily this time, he knew exactly what he was craving. Usually it's "I don't know, I just want something" but when you offer different ideas, it's "no, i don't want that." Fortunately his idea sounded pretty good. It was "I want a muffin!" A muffin? Just one? Well I surely can't make just one muffin. So depending on what kind he wanted I would decide how I would do this. He specifically requested "A chocolate banana muffin please mommy." Because it was so late, I wanted to make sure it wasn't loaded with sugar having him bounce up and down the walls at wee hours of the night. My dad was a fan of organic and vegan chocolate and I was getting the hang of taking a liking to this so I made him US "Organic/Vegan Chocolate Banana Coconut Almond Muffins!" He and his sister helped me make them and they came out delicious enough to eat...considering the flavor is new to them. After this, with some organic milk to wash it down, we fell asleep with satisfied tummies.

Recipe:
1 1/4 Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Mashed Banana
1/4C Water
1/4C Unsweetened Almond Milk/Organic 
1/4C Organic Chocolate
1/4C Raw Cocoa Powder
1/2 Dropper Chocolate flavored stevia (reg stevia okay)
1/4-1/2C Chopped Almonds
1/4-1/2C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix All ingredients together adding enough milk and stevia. Mix until smooth and sweet to taste. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. For regular muffins, bake 18-20 minutes. For mini muffins, bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick come out smooth.
Chocolate drizzle: Mix Cocoa powder and organic chocolate in saucepan with 1/4 dropper stevia to taste simmering in almond milk. (chocolate hardens when cooled)

VIOLA

Comments

Popular Posts