My 10 year High School Reunion... Dun Dun Dun!

This past Friday was my 10 year high school reunion. And believe it or not, I had an awesome time. For not seeing most of these people for 10years, was crazy.
When I initially received an invite from my peers who were part of the planning committee, I was pretty excited. I can truly say High School gave me the funnest years of my life. Being part of extracurricular activities such as choir and dance, really led me to lasting friendships that I have kept all these years.
The day came and one of my best friends and I decided to meet up there before walking in. Jason came with me for support as he was interested in seeing my happy face reunite with the ones who I basically built 4 years around throughout my adolescence. 
Driving up to the venue, I felt my butterflies intensifying as I got closer. Fortunately, before I made it to the front door I was greeted by two old high school buddies. I had this imagination of walking into my high school graduation, mature, level headed, successful and ready to share all of our accomplishments throughout these past 10 years. 
Eh, as soon as I connected with all my high school buddies, that thought flew right out the window. It was like we had never lost touch all these years (thanking Facebook for keeping us connected). I am truly appreciative of the fact that most acknowledged me as "Young Mami Joi!" hence, my blog. It amazed me how many said they were following my blog and loved my writings. I was also hugged tightly, sending their condolences on the loss of my father. This was something I wasn't really expecting but it made the night even better.
We re-connected at a level that made our maturity level come down just a bit. We were having so much fun reminiscing on our high school days, that it was like we were in high school all over again. Fortunately the night was a success and we are now planning on keeping in contact more so after this fellowship.
I am so glad I attended my 10 year high school reunion and I know all feel the same, as it was truly great seeing all of my buddies. We can't wait until our 20th!!

Comments

Popular Posts