I'm a mom! What's your Super Power?

This weekend was crazy hectic. I am so thankful that I have Fridays off. I am so blessed that I am able to spend those quality times with my kiddos.  
Friday was the start of our very crazy hectic but fun weekend. My daughter performed at the Houston Life Stock Show and Rodeo as she did last year as well. Last year she was on the dance team and this year, she decided to join the cheer squad. She has been very active throughout the years and as she grows older, her interest in many activities expands. I love that she is forming her own individual personality and because she chooses to be herself, her magnetic personality shines through her performances. Ahhhh, she’s growing up too fast! Saturday was a long day of competition. We started at 7am and ended at 4pm. She was able to experience the many dancers and different dance/cheer styles from all over Houston. Sunday, today, was the day of the surprise. She isn't a huge fan of Selena Gomez like she used to be when she was 5, however, she does know the songs and like to watch her show on the Disney channel. So, Selena was performing at the HLSR and I got tickets just for her and I, mommy daughter date. We were dropped off and she knew we were at the Rodeo but she still had no idea what for. We spent about 30-45 minutes riding rides at the carnival and eating junk food, before I took her to get seated in Reliant Stadium. We held hands and she asked me every second of every minute, what we were doing. I loved the priceless look on her face as we sat in our seats and the announcer announced "The lights will be going out for SELENA GOMEZ!" The weekend ended on a good note. I was able to cuddle with my son. I never want him to feel that he is left out and I make sure he doesn't ever feel that way. Besides, he was with daddy riding go carts, so it helped my feelings of leaving him. Next Weekend is his turn!

Comments

Popular Posts