Late night trips... Spontaneity with your kids.

Mommy's, daddy's, parents all around... 
When was the last time you did something really silly with, or in front of, your children? Can you remember? 
When was the last time you did something so totally unexpected and spontaneous (they didn't expect it) that your children still remember it to this day? 
Examples: Like jumping in the swimming pool with your clothes on or “accidentally” spraying whipped cream all over your face, starting a pillow fight in the bedroom, falling on the floor and rolling over them while they're watching a movie, or splashing in the puddles after a summer rain? 
Can you answer that question? I can!
Mommy's, our kids grow up fast. I can speak for myself as it seems like just yesterday I was bringing them home from the hospital. My son will be 5 in a few weeks and my daughter will be 8! Oh EMMM GEEE! So, I take the time, regardless if I'm bombarded with work, school, or me time.. to embrace the little things of spontaneity. After all, we are all truly kids inside. 
So it was my kiddos spring break and I wasn't. I had to still go to my night classes on Mon and Tues. Because Wednesday I was free in the evenings, right after work, we went to the gym, got back home and as they were getting ready for bed.... I told them-- "Ok put your shoes on, We have to go!" The look on their faces--Priceless. "What mommy? Where? It's so late!"--M and E. "I can't tell you, my lips are sealed but I promise it will be worth it!"
Late night run to McD's for some dipped ice-cream cones in remembrance of Papu. ♥ #springbreakfun #youngmamilife #missingpapu #mamutime #lovebeingamommy
Love that my daughter colored a picture for me, thanking me for the spontaneity. See, they are watching!

Comments

Popular Posts