Me Time, Not Mommy Time... A night out with the ladies.

My friend Ashley invited me to see Maroon 5 in concert at the Rodeo. Who say's no to Maroon 5? Well, I surely didn't. It's always a good time when you get away for a bit from reality. I was on Spring Break and was fortunate enough to be able to enjoy it with my kiddos and friends, even if I did have to work all day. But, I feel bad sometimes about leaving my kiddos, not because I do it all the time, because I really don't at all, but because I don't do it. I have night school as it is and don't see them on Monday and Tuesday nights because they are in bed by the time I get home. Thank God I'm off on Fridays where I can pick up the slack from missing out on those two days. My friends think I'm nuts because I never want to get away from my kiddos, but think about it, I was the only child and having these two a part of my life now, makes it much more complete. Anyhooo, I did it. I ended up enjoying every minute out. I needed it. It was refreshing and relaxing at the same time. I met two of my girlfriends there also and we all stayed together and danced and sang the night away (except for the fact that we had work the next morning).
Taking a little "me time" away from the kids and responsibilities is so important too not just to you either to the kiddos too. And do call it "me time" because it's about you.
Mommy's please make time for yourself! The key is to stay away from mothering duties and do something just for you, even if it's for an hour. If finding time and help is a challenge, don't be afraid to ask for assistance. "It's truly all about finding the balance that works for you. My daughter even said "Mommy go ahead and enjoy yourself." It made me feel a little bit better. She loves staying with my mom and my mom enjoys their company as that's the only company she has since my dad has passed.
Don't feel guilty. Feeling guilty about wanting to take "me time"? Don't! We know it's important to maintain the mother-child bond, but it also makes you a better mom when you have that balance between your mothering duties and your personal wants. taking me-time to pursue your dreams benefits kids because when they spend time with other caregivers, they are learning to forge new one-on-one relationships with others.
  I have a strong philosophy that if Mommy isn't happy then the children won't be happy. It's also good for the kids to see you taking care of yourself. They will mirror the behaviors of those around them so the best way to help them learn to go after their dreams is to do it yourself! Show them that it's OK to have interests and goals and to go after them.

Comments

Popular Posts