A day in the life of a cheer mom...

“You’re a Cheer Mom.” There are so many different meanings. What it sounds like is a world of definition.  You know exactly what I mean if you have a child in cheer.  “You’re an obsessed crazy psycho parent.”  “You’re living vicariously through your child.”  “You’re rich and have nothing else in your life.”  “You’re self-absorbed and snobbish.”  “You’re focused too much on your child.”  I could go on, but you are getting the point here.
I know that personally, as the mother of a 7 year old cheerleader, I do a lot that isn’t done when the athletes get older.  I am hair, make-up, wardrobe, plus all of the other things listed. It's pretty fun as it brings back a world of memories from my days as a dancer/cheerleader. Except the fact that I took the other route, dance! My daughter loves both and until she decides which one to pursue, we will continue to do both...as hectic as that sounds.... and right now, as my son gets older, I now have to incorporate a sport for him too. AHHHH!!!
 This past Saturday my 7 year old daughter had competition with her cheer squad. We woke up at 5:30am in the morning and grabbed a delicious breakfast from Starbucks and McD's 9not the healthiest) but we had practice before competition. These girls are so cute, it's only a school cheer however she is now enrolled in gymnastics to sharpen up her flexible skills. I have a feeling my daughter will be something great when she grows up. She has everything to offer and is an amazing talented little diva. I'm so proud of her. To top it off she performed at the UH basketball game halftime show in the afternoon AND had a photoshoot across town in Old Town Spring


They won 3rd place out of all the cheer squads at competition!
Posing with the UH cheerleaders!
Two of baby girl's non photo-shopped or edited pic.
My sassy diva!

Comments

Popular Posts