Just another Valentines

There are four more days until valentines Day. 
Should Valentine’s Day be a day that your significant other treats you especially well, or should you normally be treated special every day?

Indeed, Valentine’s Day is when your “other half” treats you out to a nice day or perhaps a special evening, but should that behavior be encouraged for every day of the year?
It’s exhausting to overly treat your significant other all day, every day. It isn’t fair to either person in the relationship.
Usually the case is that you should exhibit love and kindness every time you can and make it super special on Valentine’s Day.
Most of the time it’s nice to receive an occasional dinner out or a nice romantic evening, especially on Valentine’s Day, however, every moment of every day shouldn’t be filled with this behavior. 


As my daddy taught me, Valentines Day amongst most giving holidays, should not be the only day you show your love and affection for someone. It is a day like any other. Just another day.

Just another day

OK, so who’s the wise guy who came up with the idea for Valentine’s Day being an excuse to buy cards, flowers and chocolates?
Valentine’s Day was a cute, non-money-needed idea until the card companies made us think that is how the day should be celebrated.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not against men or against being treated special. I’m against the idea that Valentine’s Day is the only day a year that you have to treat your significant other well. You should be treated special every day, not get a box of chocolates once a year and be done with it.
I have never been taken out for Valentine’s Day and I get really annoyed when all that my female friends can talk about is how “he’s going to take me out to dinner on Valentine’s Day and he said ‘it’s going to be so special,’ etc., etc.”
My response? I look at them and say, “Why is Feb. 14 so different from Nov. 2 or Aug. 9?”
I am not saying he has to take you out every night or buy you everything you want to be a good boyfriend. He just has to treat you with the respect you deserve.
Basically, all I’m saying is that why set aside one day a year when you could be treated amazingly every single day? There are 364 other days in the year.
You deserve to be the best every single day.
—Suzannah Wyatt

Comments

Popular Posts