Four generations!

A century has passed and she's made it!!! She was born in 1914 and lived into 2014! She has been through two wars and a depression. She has seen loved ones pass as she stays. A blessing for us yet is it a for her? We have enjoyed all these years with her. It's amazing how she had seen 100 years of life. We also know its hasn't been easy. 
My grandmother "Ofelia" had a hard life. She was a "Cinderella" in her world growing up. She had a step mother and step sisters who treated her horribly. She was a slave. She was an orphan. She married my grandfather "Atanacio" at a very young age and had five children living and two who didn't make it past the womb. It's incredible she has lived this long. Because so many aren't as fortunate as her to live a century, the President of the United States personally writes a congratulatory correspondence in her honor. I am blessed to call her grandma. I only remember her having grey hair. My favorite photos of her:

1930's with my grandfather

Four generations: Mom, Me, Mykaila and Wita


M and her Wita


Kiddos with their great-grandmother


Comments

Popular Posts