She wished it wasn't just a dream...

...she woke up screaming! I ran to her and tears were filling up her eyes. Before she could tell me, I just knew. I saw it in my daughter's eyes. The tears just rolled down and she began crying. A happy cry. A cry when you just couldn't believe something was so real. Then she said it. "Papu."
"I finally had a dream about him mommy! It was so real. I saw him and he saw me. I was at Mamu and Papu's house. I was in their bedroom. I saw his shadow and then, he came to me. He came straight to hug me. I felt his body. It was real. Not like a ghost, but real. He looked in my eyes. I started crying. He told me he loved me and I told him I loved him. Then he was gone."
She was crying as she told me this and I didn't know what to say. We were silent. I hugged her so tight as it was a moment that we shared together. To hear her say "I finally had a dream about him mommy", was so touching. She kept repeating how real it was and how real it felt. In the back of my mind, I was wishing that I would have a dream next. I want to dream about him so bad. I want to be able to feel him like she did. To talk to him like she did and to just hug him and kiss him once again. But I'm happy for her. I'm happy that she was able to feel that comfort. She was definitely Papu's princess. I truly believe she will never forget him. They shared sooooo much together. He was her first love. He wasn't just her grandpa, he was her everything. She will never forget the moments and memories they shared together. They were so close. It was beautiful. And for her to finally get to see him and him to tell her that he loves her while hugging her so tight as she woke up wishing it was real, was the best feeling ever for her. The last thing that stuck with me though and that breaks my heart was her telling me... "mommy, I wish it wasn't just a dream" and me not able to say "it wasn't."

Papu was there from the beginning, the day M' was born: 7/17/2006.

M' with her Papu on their last Thanksgiving together: 11/29/2012 (as he passed on 11/4/2013 just before the next Thanksgiving).

Comments

Popular Posts