The Lego Movie

So after being skeptical about this movie, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. My 4 year old son loves Lego's as does any typical boy. Just the other day, he was playing with them and made the "masterpiece" below as he calls it. Luckily my son was invited to his best friends birthday party at the movies for this and it was brilliant! In my opinion perfect for all ages and even more so watching him and his friends laugh throughout the movie and sing the annoying song "Everything is Awesome" was pretty funny. See the official trailer below:
Of course, if you've seen the movie, you know the movie is about much more than Emmet (construction worker), the Kragle (Krazy glue) and the piece of resistance (the glue's top).  You know that President/Lord Business really represents "parents" who want their kids to follow the instructions on these $100 LEGO sets, keep all the pieces together, and Krazy Glue them to keep them intact.  I would say that I am that parent, (who wants hundreds of Lego's everywhere in their house?) except the Dad in the movie (Will Farrell) who loves LEGO's.  He just wants them to stay perfect, unlike his imaginative son (like all kids).  I feel the same way, or when built, I want it to stay that way because the creation was so creative... Lol. Most of all, I thought that the reveal at the end was brilliant! A must see. 

Comments

Popular Posts