Another spontaneous Memorial Day Weekend

Have you ever had an epiphany and decide to take it on? 
Well, it was Saturday afternoon when we were running errands in the beautiful Houston weather that we decided to make a spontaneous trip somewhere with water. Because it was too late to go anywhere that consisted of planning ahead, we decided to work our way down to Galveston Island. It's only 45 minutes away from us, so why not make it a mini-vacation? I called every hotel and beach house that I found and nothing was available. Well, duh! Last minute spontaneous getaways our risky. UNTIL I received a phone call back later that evening from a man stating that he had a cancellation at one of his beachfront ocean view suites on the Galveston seawall for a more reasonable price of exactly what we were looking for. We were so lucky and decided to take it! We called our closest friends and because it was a suite, the more the merrier...Let the fun began!
We caught the duck tour and made it a night. I love hearing and learning about the history of everything. My daddy was actually the one who got me into it. Anywhere we went, vacation or non-vacation, we made sure to find out about the history of where we visited. And that night reminded me of my daddy. He was on my mind the entire time. Maybe knowing that I was in the city where he was born in and we were on a history tour of it...
We were beachin it for the weekend. 
We hit the SPOT for dinner! It was delicious. They are definitely famous for their burgers but of course this mama had a huge Greek salad with extra grilled shrimp.
By far, a great weekend spent with friends we call family.

Comments

Popular Posts