Music Academy Life

Watching M perform at her Orchestra Recital as she played the Violin reminded me of myself when I played at her age. 
I was thinking... Maybe I should pick it back up again? 
Garden Villas Elementary is the place to be.
 What is it like to be a music student? It's pretty cool. They are too cool for school! My kids want to study music! It's amazing how many scholarships are out there for music/dance. You say children can't move forward in life just with a music degree? Says who?
Musical kids thrive in the real world! They have already surmounted some of the toughest challenges a kid can face.

Sure musical kids get called band nerds, geeks but this is so stereotypical.
Musical kids are smarter than most. They could major in anything - yet they choose music. If the kid decides to switch to biochemistry or communications in mid-stream, I promise you, the kid will not fail. Music kids outscore all other majors in under-grad and grad-school entrance exams. Why not let a kid with options pursue his musical dreams as far as that journey will take them? There's no downside. If I could do it all over again, I would choose music. Now it's up to my kiddos on their route to excellence and so far, they are doing great! My son will be entering the music and bilingual world really soon. This upcoming year, will be something.
Me above playing the violin and my daughter below.

Comments

Popular Posts