I love you mommy... I love you too, that's no fair!

“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.“
Today my kiddos came home ready to start off Mother's Day weekend. Come 7o'clock, my daughter was super excited to give me all the homemade cards from school, but my son... forgot all his gifts for me at school. he threw a fit. I explained to him that the school had closed and that this weekend will be extra special as we can celebrate on Monday too after he brings back his gifts from school. He wasn't too thrilled that his sister was able to give mommy something and he didn't get to. "You're going to love her more than you love me and that's not fair!!" 
He started crying and didn't want to hug me for about 10 minutes, giving me all the evil looks, rolling eyes and hands crossed while pouting. What he didn't realize, was that while he was doing this, he looked super cute and it made me giggle and love him more. I tried to hug him but he wouldn't budge. It was hilarious. He was actually mad at mommy. I get it. He didn't want to be left out. He didn't want his sister to win the race. You see, my children are very competitive. They are hilarious when it comes to fighting over me. And yes, it actually feels pretty good. Hehehe. 
After the 10 minutes were up and I stopped attempting to give him hugs, he couldn't help but come to me and lay in my arms. He's a momma's boy and he knows it. I told him very softly while his sister was reading her books in the other room, "You're momma's baby. I will always love you no matter what. You are so special and you make me very happy. I love you all the way til you can't count to the last number." He smiled and held me tight and said, "That's what I was gonna say. Haha. I love you mommy." 
Early mothers day for me ♥ #loombracelet #drawings #kisses #youngmami
Oh he's just mad bc I won't take him back to school to get his mothers day cards and drawings he forgot in his desk but his sister has hers... #siblingrivalry #lifesnotfair #mommyproblems

Comments

Popular Posts