How do you move on?

How do you let go of someone that has been a part of your life for so long? No, for your entire life!? How do you learn to adapt life without them? It may seem easy for some people but for others like me, it's really difficult. How do you learn to accept the unacceptable?
Over time, I know there is growing acceptance and a reawakening to what has happened and I know it's a process but he was my daddy.
I am 27 and up until the day he died, I called him just that, nothing less. He indeed was my daddy. A daddy that many don't get to experience. A daddy that loved me not like any other. A daddy who took the time to teach me how to ride a bike, how to swim and how to never give up. A daddy who enjoyed being a grandfather.
#TBT I miss everything... his hugs, his love, his wisdom, his voice and most importantly, his love for my kids. It hurts that they won't get to make another memory with him. But it also makes me smile that they were able to make the memories they speak about daily. The times they shared and the funny jokes they will never forget. They talk about him everyday and wish he could come back. But a million words can't bring him back, I know because we tried. And neither can a billion tears, I know because we cry and cry.
We will never get over losing you daddy.
We will love & miss you for the rest of our lives, until we get to see your handsome face again. #bestgrandpa #papusbabies #ourhero #almost6monthsgone

Comments

Popular Posts